I recently came across a very slick (and free) menu framework. It’s very customizable, the authors even showcase a few popular menu imitations using their framework (see Nvidia imitation, Adobe or Vimeo).
Here are some of the features from the site:
- Modular, with themes. Not only HTML is separated from CSS, but even CSS definitions are categorized into structural and thematic types. Thus creating a new css drop-down menu means creating only a new theme since structure is permanent. What is more, creating a new theme is easy with available templates and takes 10-15 mins.
- Easily deployable. The code and files are well organized. Available channels to hook up to your CMS or other tools as well as existing websites in XHTML format.
- Easily transformable. Can be transformed by changing class name only. Available transformations: horizontal, vertical left-to-right, vertical right-to-left, horizontal linear, horizontal upwards.
- Cross browser. Configurations available for Windows Internet Explorer 5 or later, Mozilla Firefox 1.5 or later, Opera 7 or later, Apple Safari 2 or later, Google Chrome 1 or later, etc.
- Super Fast. Having the above mentioned features it is not affected by any disturbances whatsoever.
- Continuous development. The project is constantly revised and improved.